"Brinson, Donald E. (LMIT-HOU)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 May 2007 19:42:22 -0500
Found the problem just a while ago.  We traced the issue to an incorrect
spooler setting in the software Makefile. Quick fix was to symlink from
/home/listserv15/spool to /var/spool/listserv.  Thanks for the
suggestions, all were appreciated.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Douglas Palmer
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Listserv

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Brinson, Donald E. (LMIT-HOU) wrote:

> Just upgraded to 15.0 from 14.3 and everything went well except for
> user subscriptions. Subscription request are being received by
> sendmail and look like this:
>
> to="|/usr/bin/lsv_amin /var/spool/listserv listserv",
>
> The request never gets to the listserv.  listserv-20070530.log does
> not show any activity for this request. I have checked all the
> configurations and do not see anything obvious.  Has anyone seen this
> before?   Suggestions?

What does your alias look like? Ours is:

listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t listserv"

I have never used it where the spool directory is specified.... though
the docs and source list it that way. Have you tried a locally compiled
version -- or verified that the one in /usr/bin is the new one? Try
running truss (Solaris) or strace (Linux) on the invocation and storing
the results where you can find them

-- DCP