"Eckstine, Nate" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:02:50 -0800
I just updated from 15.0 to 15.5 inplace upgrade and everything went fine. System response time is good. This is on a windows 2003 server.

I also did the following on my site about 6 months ago to solve very slow web interfacing.

Added the DBRINDEX=0 switch to site.cfg per

http://www.lsoft.com/news/techtipLSV-issue2-2007-us.asp

I also needed to break some of the large indexes up into smaller cycles from monthly to weekly.

One thing that slowed my lists down recently was someone sending an email with a 10 meg attachment to about 300 people. I had to add a sizelim to the list.

Since you have a new server are the permissions and configurations the same?

nate

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael O'Neill
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 10:11 AM
To: Eckstine, Nate; LISTSERV site administrators' forum
Subject: Listserv slowness after upgrade

We just updated our Listserv from 14.4 to 15.5. At the same time moving
it from a SUN 280R running Solaris 8 to SUN 280R running Solaris 10. The
upgrade was successful when we tested it with a limited number of lists
(about a dozen). Then we moved the entire system over with 1,300 lists.
The system works but seems to run very slowly. With only three site
managers signed in and running tests, the web interface was slow to
respond and the subscriber's page would timeout while reloading. We
think that everything is functioning properly but find the slowness
unacceptable. We're hoping this is just a configuration issue and that
some tweaking and fine tuning will relieve the slowness.

Does anyone have any insight into where we should look?

thanks,
Mike