Alan Thew <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 21:05:02 +0000
We have just moved LISTSERV from NT to Unix and so far so good.

I have written a bounce pre-processor to cope with the fact that we're
running exim,  and for SMTP time rejection this has worked well. We have
found though that AOL bounces which are passed through the pre-processor
without any changes are not handled correctly e.g.

... while talking to air-xe03.mail.aol.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<[log in to unmask]>
<<< 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND
550 <[log in to unmask]>... User unknown

appears as

--> Error description:
Error-For:  MAILBOX NOT FOUND
Error-Code: 3
Error-Text: User unknown

Error-End:  One error reported.

The archives don't show anyone else having this problem but I wondered
if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks

--
Alan Thew                                       [log in to unmask]
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442