Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:06:45 -0700
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:27:00 -0500, Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I get an error when running the script:

You probably also got another error earlier in the script that looks like
this:

>tail: cannot open `+1137' for reading: No such file or directory

This problem is related to using a too new version of the 'tail' utility from
GNU coreutils.

This problem was discovered and fixed today and new unix kits were made
available this afternoon.  In the meantime you can manually run this command
from a command line

 tail -n +1137 ./Linux-2.6.bin | tar xfv -

(assuming you are using the Linux-2.6.bin.z kit)

which will move off the tar files and prevent this from happening:

>We need to unpack the distribution files in this directory. Proceed?
>-n [y/n]
>*.tar.Z
>*.tar.Z: No such file or directory
>*.tar
>tar: *.tar: No such file or directory
>
>Sorry, you are missing some of the distribution files.
>Please make sure common.tar.Z and the correct architecture-specific
>package are both in this directory and try again.

We apologize again for the inconvenience.  However, appreciate the help from
eagle-eyed admins that help us find and fix these little problems.

At this point in time only the *.bin.z kits are certain to be complete and
correct, containing updated default.*tpl files without CRLF and with the
corrected wa*.  There are still problems with the *.tar.z kits.  We recommend
you use only the bin.z kits.  These kits have also now have the corrected
'tail' command given above.

>The individual list archive pages are all created OK except for one
>line at the top:
>
><META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=http://URL/cgi-bin/wa?A0=LISTNAME">

This is as it should be.  One big change in 15.0 is to move all of the WWW
templates out of *.mailtpl and into *.wwwtpl.  The base listname.html archives
index page was in the *.mailtpl in prior versions.  Now it is served using the
"A0" page in *.wwwtpl.  In order to remain backwards compatible with previous
versions, the redirect URL is required.