Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:31:43 EDT
I seem to recall mentioning to you at least once that in order to stop
this rewriting you need to make listserv.temple.edu an A record instead
of a CNAME.  Any sendmail that doesn't have canonicalisation turned off
(and that's most of them) is going to rewrite a CNAME every time as the
mail passes through it.

>Also, how does Listserv deal with environment varialbles passed to
>Listserv?

What do you mean?  LISTSERV's configuration is passed in the form of
environment variables but that is the only way I know of to pass that
kind of information to the server.  Feel free to amplify.

Nathan