Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:18:36 -0400
On Aug 10, 2016, at 1:01 PM, F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I've had an owner ask about having no notification sent when he adds (or removes) blocks of subscribers.  It is visible on "Single Subscriber" tab.  But I do not see it on "Bulk operations".
> I don't want him to attempt a CJLI script -- something like
> //   JOB PW=pw
> //   EOJ
>
> Mostly because I cannot be sure what his mail client will do with the text (&nbsp ?).  The CJLI part is negligible, though not stuff I'd want to go over.  Plus, this would _seem_ to be an option, but I do not see it.   Probably just missed it, but don't see it.
> Thanks!
> —Joe

Notifications aren’t sent to subscribers who are added removed via the bulk operations tab, and there isn’t a way to enable notifications for these operations.

There are bulk versions of the ADD and DELETE commands, which have quiet and non-quiet versions.  These commands must be issued via email, in a plaintext message to listserv@...  Information about them can be found at:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/site%20managers/CreatingMaintainingLists.html#2338488

I hope this information is useful.

-jwgh