Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:38:18 -0500
Mercedes Gimenez wrote:

>          Hello all.
> I have a list with this configuration. If Send=Editor (only Editor,
> without confirm o hold), if  [log in to unmask]    send a mail to the list,
> why  [log in to unmask]  (the first editor email address) receive the mail instead
> of the owner [log in to unmask] (Errors-to is pointed too owner)

If someone who is not an Editor sends a message, that is not
considered to be an "error".  If only certain people can send
and any others are to be considered an "error" then I think
the usual method is to list all who can send on the Send keyword.
(However in that case the "error" notification goes to the person
who tried to send; the owner still does not get it.)  Or you can
stay with the Editor setup but modify the message that goes to
the sender - to say they are not allowed to post or whatever - so
it doesn't give them the expectation that the editor is likely to
post their message if in fact that is highly unlikely.

Margaret King
Michigan State University