Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 01:16:18 +0200
On Mon, 14  Aug 1995 16:40:11 CDT  Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>We very  nearly lost ALL Lsoft  products for this year  because the unix
>bigots tend to love the freebe products (never mind performance).

That's a problem  we have to face  every day, but I'm afraid  I don't see
how the  extra $550 make any  difference. It's a problem  you're going to
have no matter how  much we charge. You could always  divide $550 by your
non-lunar hourly  manpower cost for  unix programmers and tell  them that
they have  that many  hours to  move all  the lists  to the  freebies and
provide  comparable  service.  By  the time  they've  expended  $1000  in
manpower and still aren't providing  good service, you can ask management
to draw conclusions :-)

  Eric