"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 15:06:53 -0400
Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote about how to have LISTSERV keep
the headers that MIME-aware mail readers need to recognize MIME-mail:

> Just have MIME-aware subscribers switch to FULL headers.
>
>   Eric

How exciting this news was!  (Not that I've had many opportunities to
use MIME for anything 'real' yet...)

I wondered: Though SET <listname> FULLHDR does allow MIME mail to get
through, would it work for readers with 'Digests' set?  Though
it's probably obvious to others, I wanted to try it first.

Here's a peek (with only the first message included of the 3
referenced) that makes me think that readers who want to receive MIME
postings (without editing header lines) will not want to use
'Digests':

X> There are 3 messages totalling 44 lines in this issue.
X>
X> Topics collected thus far:
X>
X>   1. Testing of MIME messages via LISTSERV, with FULLHDR option
X>   2. Testing LISTSERV with MIME, again with Repro option(!)
X>   3. A final try, LISTSERV with MIME and Digests option
X>
X> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
X>
X> Date:    Tue, 14 Jun 1994 14:30:05 -0400
X> From:    "Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
X> Subject: Testing of MIME messages via LISTSERV, with FULLHDR option
X>
X> H4sICCn2/S0AA2JpbmFyeS50c3QAXU7Pa8IwFL7nr/huU2hSdGw4L1PQMaHO0VY9R/tqAm1S
X> zHPdaX/7UnYYCO/w+H6XxgbE06htQ2APpsCwNbJNURbr/IDesgEbwts+y95XOXzH1jsRiFF5
X> inaHWp8Zuml8j+1mu0ZLIehL5GLgJWaa6y2BDhF3g5cq4R2yotwdP2SGkb+ijywbzQNa5AeZ
X> vQKbhxZRd/JslFJjJUTB9EVCyuHpDDkcFUrj2y54l2Cv4Gt8LhOsNGssq9Y6G/iqh84E08mT
X> nL3M5GT6+CzWstW2wWiYO57H6r+QRedP/lvdOnJOUXWD3OUSgRfkrD6rQDr8kwLAPs/mMMzd
X> PE37vr9TpD+B08DKcNuIX8Ug+EtsAQAA

(For those who want to try, these are 'missing' ('do not appear because
 they are not really appropriate') from the Digest:
)

En paz,
Steve, co-owner, Quaker-L and Quaker-P
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
E-mail (MIME): [log in to unmask] -OR- [log in to unmask]