"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:27:37 -0500
Ben Parker kindly replied (on LSTOWN-L on the subject of not sending files
via the LISTSERV Distribute Backbone), in part..
> [log in to unmask]  is  a  backbone  server running  version  1.8d ...
>
> Since you are already registered on the BACKBONE you need to request to be
> de-registered (write to [log in to unmask]) first.  Then you could change/add the
> following in your go.user file and stop/restart LISTSERV
>
> RUNMODE="STANDALONE"
> export RUNMODE
>
> Note that this will also remove your site from CataList.

    Not good.  Catalist is important to several of my list owners.  I
    surely don't mind doing our part for others that think the LISTSERV
    Distribute Backbone is useful, I just don't want our distributions to
    use it!   Hopefully, we can find a solution.

> You could also inquire if changing your Registration to
> :Backbone.NO
> would do what you desire.  I think it will.

   LSoft: Will changing my Registration to ":Backbone.NO" do what I desire?

> Is MAINE.MAINE.EDU still running?

It is, but I want to shut it down asap.  I think it "has been removed", but
I still get backbone distributions there.

Thanks for considering this, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                       mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
LISTSERV maintainer for http://lists.Maine.edu/