Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:20:51 -0500
When I login to the 1.8e web interface using an address that is specified
as a postmaster, and go to the List Management page, I get a drop-down menu
containing the first 50 lists from an alphabetical listing of all lists on
the server. Below the drop-down menu are links that enable me to navigate
to other portions of the local list of lists. Essentially, as a postmaster,
I can access the List Management page for any list on the server.

Earlier today, I brought up a 15.5 test system, logged in to the web interface
using an address that is specified as a postmaster address, and used the web
interface to create a new list. I did not specify the postmaster address as a
list owner address.

After I created the list, I decided I wanted to change the configuration. When
I went to the List Management page, I was informed that I did not own any lists
on the server. When I went to the list home page, 'manage the list' was not one
of the options.

After several unsuccessful attempts to access the list configuration using the
15.5 web interface, I gave up and used email to update the list header to add
the postmaster address as a list owner. This should not be necessary. It is
certainly not feasible for sites with many lists.  What secret incantation did
I forget to recite?

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team