Peter Sylvester +49 228 303245 <GRZ027@DBNGMD21>
Fri, 14 Nov 86 18:25 CET
/*XMIT transfers a data set as a "JOB".
Normally no virtual machine reacts on that but ...

/*XMIT is a JES2 feature. JES3 is a bit different.

You have to use a delimiter.

If you create the "output" from TSO, you should allocate a sysout
to the dest and userid (which might be a small problem if you
don't have a "good" allocate command. the IBM standard doesn't
allow a USERID.

Misusing the JOB entry feature for OUTPUT data set
transfer can create some lomg term problems. NJE and RSCS allows
a variety of "non designed" combinations....

But you are in a good party: NETSERV HELPFILE
Dunno who invented this idea.

Peter
P.S. Don't take me too serious.

> P.S.  I'm primarily a VM programmer, with a good deal of VS/1
> experience.  I base this on my knowledge of HASP 4.0 on VS/1 7.0D
> (anybody else running this?  :-)  JES can't be THAT much different.
Whow, you are missing 10 years of intensive development. :-)
I begin to understand why VM people prefer over "OS".

have a nice afternoon/evening/weekend folks