Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:28:06 -0600
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:26:02 -0700, Lisa Baas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Is there an easy way, or any way, to cause a group of lists to use the
>same MAILTPL file? I'm using the list "cloning" feature as described in
>the manual which is just perfect for a particular group of lists. But I
>can't find any way of creating a common welcome or MAILTPL file. This is
>only the first of such groups that I'll be creating and it would be great
>if the owner could modify the welcome file for all of the lists in one
>fell swoop.

Yes.  You simply apply the principles of the 'idiom'.mailtpl from Chap
9.7.5 in the Site Manager's Manual:
 http://www.lsoft.com/Manuals/1.8e/SiteMgr/sitemgr.html#_Toc9062459

For example, there is a user contributed file  one-way.mailtpl  on the
LSoft website.   ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/contrib/one-way.mailtpl
This modifies a number of settings to make list behavior more suitable for
one-way or announce-only lists.

All you need to add to the list header is

* Language= one-way

and any/all lists on the server with this line will use this template.
If you make a change to the one-way.mailtpl file, it instantly takes up the
changes in all lists.