Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:47:01 -0600
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:19:32 -0400, Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I can't find site.mailtpl documented in the sitemgr manual, but it is
>created when I modify the $WWW_ARCHIVE_HEADER, for example, from the
>Site-Wide Template Managment screen. The manual suggest creating a
>www_archive.mailtpl file to hold these local mods, which is what I
>had been doing in 1.8e.  Do these files serve the same function? Are
>they interchangeable?

They serve the same function but site.mailtpl also adds new functionality in
Ver 14.3 and later.  The site.mailtpl was introduced in LISTSERV Ver 14.3.
An upgrade from 1.8e or earlier to 14.3 will cause a one-time transfer of
material from www_archive.mailtpl to site.mailtpl.  www_archive.mailtpl will
be renamed to www_archive.oldtpl and thereafter it is not used.

This is all mentioned in the 14.3 Release Notes.