"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:57:36 -0800
[opinion]

Well-said.

Shannon

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Shannon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 4:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Prepending of extra spaces to subject line with exchange
2000

> To my knowledge, the only product that does not deal with
> this properly is Outlook. Since Outlook is, by definition, the Internet
> standard, we have changed LISTSERV to stop indenting the subject line in
1.8e.

[opinion]

hmmmm...that's a scary thought.  It'a analagous to saying AOL is the
Internet standard for ISPs because they have the largest subscriber base.
How many people on this list would put their hands up for that one?

It's somewhat depressing to see pioneers like L-Soft having to bow to
another company's 'standards' simply because said company managed to jam
enough dubiously compliant MUAs onto desktops (over which they've already
had their wrists slapped for blatantly using suspect methods of so-called
'distribution').

Perhaps if enough Outlook users complained then the developers of *that*
product would be forced to change their code to match every other MUA on the
face of the earth.

Anyhow, that's my two bob's worth.

[/opinion]

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.