Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:35:04 -0400
On Fri, 24 May 2002, Ron Payne/cis/evp/Okstate wrote:

>          I would appreciate any suggestions anyone can offer about a
> problem that occurred at my place with one of our lists this morning.  A
> list owner received the following message:
> "An error occurred while processing file 14162 from [log in to unmask]: "Mail
> has been received for delivery to the  XXXXX-L list from a user which had
> been served out".

This is quite common. Odds are, the address that was served out has
an auto responder or vacation program set up which is sending mail
to your Listserv and thus generating lots of invalid Listserv commands.
Best to put that address on nomail for all the lists on your server
to which the address is subscribed. You might even  have a mailing
loop going, but the loop should eventually terminate if you put the
subscriber on the nomail option.