Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 May 1997 16:35:24 -0400
At 07:52 AM 5/10/97 -6000, Kimberly Long wrote:
                    ^^^^^ now *THAT* is a really strange time zone.
                    (probably ought to be fixed!!!)

>I have one subscriber that is having problems posting to one of my lists.
>Why is relaying denied?  Other subscribers posts are making it to the
>list just fine.  Help?

I note that your list is an AOL-based list.

I suspect that this has something to do with AOL's decision to start
refusing email with source routing in the mail envelope, and that
your subscriber's attempts are going through somewhere which adds
this source routing.  I think this started about May 7; is that when
the problems started?

I don't know all the technical details, but there's been quite
a bit of traffic about this issue on other lists (e.g., List-Managers).

I know that doesn't help you solve your subscriber's problem, but
maybe it will at least point you in the right direction.  (But I could
be wrong, so don't accept it on faith alone! :)

Cheers,
Stan