Michael Vincenc <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Dec 1992 16:19:34 PST
Recently, one of my list owners asked me about the function of the
Conceal list header option.  Now, I'm not talking about the Conceal
option that you can set for yourself by command; e.g., 'tell listserv
at uga set lstsrv-l conceal'.  I'm talking about an option that
actually appears in the list header:

*
*  Sample List Description
*
*  Review= Private       Subscription= BY_OWNER  Send= Private
*  Notify= no            Reply-to= List,Respect  Files= Yes
*  Validate= Store only  Mail-via= Dist2
*  Confidential= No      Conceal= No
*  Ack= Yes
*  X-TAGS=Yes
*  Notebook= Yes,A,monthly,private
*  Errors-To= Owners
*  Default-options= Repro
*  Daily-Threshold= 40
*
*  Owner= [log in to unmask]
*

I took the spirit of LISTFAQ MEMO to heart.  While LSTSRV-L and
LSTOWN-L both discuss the personal Conceal option, neither list
discusses the Conceal list header option.

What is the function, if any, of the Conceal list header option?

Thanks for your help!

!Mike