Joe Sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Nov 1991 08:28:29 PST
Some (but not all) of my lists exhibit the following behaviour: mail sent
to list, list includes some people on one of our Unix boxes, some of
those people have a "standard" (I'm told) vacation program running, and,
depending on how the list is defined, either the sender or the entire
list is notified that the person is on vacation. The vacation program
(I'm told) scans ALL To: and CC: tags (including X-To: and X-CC:) and
notifies everyone.

I have experimented with using "X-tags= No" in the list header which
helps but . . .

Has someone else come up with a solution or workaround to this using list
headers? Does anyone have experience with configuring VACATION so that it
recognizes list traffic and does not generate the message?

Thanks in advance.