Charlie Giannetto <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:03:34 -0500
I'm trying to move our current listserv system to a new mail server (a Sun
E420R) but I want to run it on it's own, virtual interface.  I've got the
interface set up as hme0:1 and I have a sendmail configuration also set up
and bound to that interface.  I've verified that the sendmail
configuration works for both sending and receiving mail.  However, I can't
seem to get listserv to use anything other than the main system's port 25
when it processes outbound messages.  The IP address on the virtual port
has valid DNS entry's (forward and reverse) and I've got SMTP_HOSTNAME set
to the corresponding host name in the go.user configuration file but still
listserv insists on trying to connect to port 25 on the systems primary IP
address when processing messages.  Is there something I'm overlooking or
is it simply not possible to run listserv in this fashion?

Thanks for your time,

Charlie