"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:54:07 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Laura Toms
<[log in to unmask]> says:
>While I think it's wasted bandwidth not to edit out the old headers, it's
>inconvenient to do in MS mail, and the list owner swears that LISTSERV
>didn't reject these messages until recently.  Could anyone give me any idea
>as to why this is happening and what I could do to solve it?

The MS-posters slight inconvenience is everybody else's judicious
use of time when they have to download and process (via the eyeball
processor) those messages.

Better that the poster learns how to use their system than make
everybody else in the LISTSERV world have to endure it.

I guess you could alter the * LOOPCHECK list definition
keyword, but you do so at your own (and all list subscribers')
risk of looping mail.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State