"Eric Thomas (Pasteur)" <ERIC@PASTEUR>
Wed, 16 Mar 88 11:26:08 SET
To clear the confusion, there were two different fixes:

- FIX15M3 (no A), which fixed a DIST2 bug and was sent to everybody.

- FIX15M3A, which circumvented a loop which could occur both with DIST1
  and DIST2 (and had actually been taking place with DIST1), and happened
  only when a non-backbone site hosted a peered list with FILE=YES. This
  was sent only to a limited number of sites (those affected by the loop),
  because I was not sure what would be the official fix. Since we could
  not reach a consensus on what to do next, it will become an official
  fix for the time being.

Eric

PS: Do not, for your life's sake :-), send me private mail to PASTEUR unless
    it's a reply to something I just sent. I can't retrieve it from
    anywhere else.