"Louis J. Wiesemann" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:43:31 EDT
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:35:01 EDT Louis J. Wiesemann said:
>   Yesterday I upgraded from LISTSERV 1.8b to 1.8c.  The conversion seemed to
>go ok.  Now whenever LISTSERV is cycled I get this error message in a note
>from LISTSERV.
>
>>An inconsistency  has  been  detected  in  the  versions  of  your  files  for
>>release 1.8c.  Please  inspect  file   "V18C  FILECHK"  and  contact  LISTSERV
>>Coordination if you need help in fixing the problem.
>
>   I can't find a V18C FILECHK file anywhere on LISTSERV.  Along with the
>error I get a "1.8C PROBLEM" file in my reader that contains console
>information from the startup.  There is nothing in there that helps determine
>the problem.  I see a message that it is "verifying file versions consistency"
>but there are no errors in the log indicating it finds any errors.
>
>   Everything else seems to work the same as before, but I can't figure out
>what this error is trying to tell me.

   Incase anyone else is interested, Eric sent me the answer to this and it
was due to having lost the "myself" variable definitions from my SYSVARS
files.  Replacing them corrected this problem.

University of Louisville                  [log in to unmask]