Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Nov 1991 11:23:59 EST
On Tue, 19 Nov 1991 00:03:12 EST Ben Chi said:
>On Mon, 18 Nov 1991 15:05:55 PST Caroline Miller said:
>>Could someone please send me a sample VM directory description for the
>>Listserv virtual machine?

 (Ben Chi posted a sample...)
>>                        We are interested in establishing a Listserver
>>here at NPS, but want to request the files be sent to the userid it will
>>be installed on.
>
>I don't understand what this means.  Sorry.
>                                             /b

 I think Caroline Miller wants to create the Listserv userid before the
 files are shipped, so that the install files can be sent to Listserv@xxx
 rather than say MAINT or something...  I would say, go ahead and set the
 account up any way you like, and change the directory entry after you
 receive the documentation.  Two quick comments on the sample posted by
 Ben Chi, we run our Listserv with more virtual storage than that because
 we had it run out of memory on us.  I also have it re-boot itself twice
 a day to, since I was told that some CMS utilities weren't releasing all
 the storage they aquired. That (after a while) can cause Listserv to
 crash with a storage exhausted type message.  Finally, if you use IPL'ers
 at your shop, Listserv won't like it...  Listserv *has* to IPL the actual
 CMS DCSS, not the IPL'er DCSS.

 Good luck,
 -jj