David Young <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:54:06 -0500
What authorization does a user need to be able to use the DISTRIBUTE MAIL
command?  I have a small number of users who would benefit by using this to
send bulk mail during off-peak times to large numbers of local users.
Setting up a list would work and I could send the bulk mail for them but I'd
rather not get involved in the process any more than I have to if they can
do it themselves.  Also, since it's usually done as a one-time thing and not
very often, setting up a list seems to be the hard way of doing this if they
can just send a distribute job on their own.  I could also temporarily
authorize them as postmasters, but that opens up security holes and gets me
involved as well.  Any pointers?  Thanks in advance.

C. David Young
Central Systems Support
University Of Texas At Arlington
Arlington TX 76019-0318