Thomas Habernoll <HABERNOL@TUBVM>
Thu, 26 May 88 08:13:03 MEZ
Hello,
For more than a month Listserv tried to please me each day with one or more
X-REQ jobs transferred back to my reader (because they were transferred
back to Listserv (because they were sent to an invalid destination
(but WHY??))). Fortunately we have the complete Listserv documentation
online, you know this executable form of documentation with file type
EXEC. Maybe they should be included in the INFO FILELIST to solve the
problem with the gap between documented past and coded reality. Arrgh,
Thomas, keep your big mouth shut, better try to complete your own doc
for your very own mess instead of provoking nastygrams from Eric,
especially because your trying to explain a bug in the Listserv's
executable documentation, and not in the documentation of the executables :-)

I think that in LSVDEL EXEC the lines
       'GLOBALV SELECT LISTSERV GET RSCS'
       Parse var rscs rscs .
are missing just before line 392:
       'CP SP D' rscs

The variable rscs is not initialized, and therefore defaults to 'RSCS'
(well, if one likes Rexx, these defaults may be a great feature ...).
Anyway, this will work for most sites, but not for those with a
different name for the network RSCS machine.

  Thomas

P.S.: In case I get this letter really out of this node: Don't believe
what the from field is telling you. This is HABERNOL@DB0TUI11 in a
crazy attempt to test a new mailer.