"Juan M. Courcoul" <PP838474@TECMTYVM>
Tue, 27 Sep 88 19:19:51 EDT
Recently, the Listserv running on TECMTYVM has developed a serious illness:
all * FILELIST files have disappeared from it's disks. Hence, if I do an
INDEX, I get a 'LISTSERV FILELIST not found' error message, as well as
being unable to recover files from the VM-UTIL filelist set up here.
After examining it's disks, apparently only those files with a fm of
FILELIST seem to have been affected; all others, including the VM-UTIL
files, are present. Is there any condition which can cause the server to
purge those files ?

As additional info, the security of the account doesn't seem to have been
compromised; the logs do not show any unauthorized logon. The server has had
problems with disk space; it's F(193) disk accidentally got full, but room
has been made in it now. The A(191) disk has never gotten more than 76% full.
Also, the logs do not show any message to the effect of files getting erased.

Since our equipment was recently relocated to new premises, if the server
didn't purge the files itself, they *may* have been damaged in the process;
however, when the system was brought back up in the new building, there were
no error messages whatsoever.

What gives ?

John (Mike) Courcoul
Monterrey Inst. of Tech.