"David Rosenthal D.O." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:10:17 -0500
I asked:
 >If as the site admin, I need a bottom_banner (that I create
>with the $SITE$.MAILTPL) to be on all lists, is there a way I can have my
>list owners add list-specific bottom_banners that are appended to the
>bottom_banner that I created?
>
>I don't want the list specific bottom_banners to *replace* my $SITE$.MAILTPL
>site-wide one, I want them appended.  (this does not seem possible anyway)
>
>I do want list owners to be able to create bottom_banners if they so
>choose, I just want them appended to the $SITE$.MAILTPL site-wide
>bottom_banner I have created.  Is this possible?

John Lyon <[log in to unmask]> replied:
>Yes, they just create a list specific bottom banner. If they use the web
>interface to create a bottom banner, the $SITE$  banner will already be
>displayed there, they then just add theirs under it. Be aware at this
>point they could choose to erase the site wide banner and use only their
>own.

Yes, I'd seen this behavior demonstrated which is what prompted my question
initially.  Its important that our list owners cannot remove the site wide
banner for us.

So for the people at LSOFT, can you consider adding an option to NOT allow
the list owners to overwrite the site wide banner?  (i.e. could you add
another section to $SITE$.MAILTPL which would be appended to whatever
bottom_banner the list owner created, perhaps a bottom_banner2 or a
bottom_banner_sitewide)
--
   David Rosenthal, D.O.
   Shamash Staff  http://shamash.org