Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:40:01 -0500
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:41:29 -0500, Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>since the
>wrapping appears in the list archives, I think we can rule out listserv's
>outgoing SMTP server (LSMTP).

Agreed, but you can't rule out the outbound mail server(s) handling the mail
between the user's computer and LISTSERV and that is the most likely culprit(s).

It's a bit difficult on an active server but STOP LISTSERV and then send the
message to LISTSERV.  It will appear as a xxxxxxx.JOB file in LISTSERV's \SPOOL
directory.  Examine this file and you will find the line(s) in question have
been wrapped before the message ever got to LISTSERV.  If so, then LISTSERV
itself is not at fault.  On a busy server, figuriing out which of many incoming
*.JOB files is THE one is a bit difficult, as you can only tell by insepcting
each one (using the supplied JOBVIEW utility).