Steven Sobol <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:33:43 -0400
Hello Bill:

Yes, VB has date and time functions, but they return strings, as you mention
below.
time() returns a number of seconds, which is what is needed, as it appears
that the
timestamp is stored as a long integer. Thanks anyhow -- SJS

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Schipper [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 1:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Visual Basic formula or function to calculate timestamps?

My VBA help files tell me that VBA also has time function, which returns the
current system time.   There are three of them:

    Date     returns the current date (in the default format of your system)
    Time    returns the current time (in the default format of your system)
    Now    returns the current date and time (in the default format of your
system)

The value can be returned in a variable.

Steven Sobol wrote:

> Good morning!
>
> I am using Listserv with a Microsoft SQL Server database on the backend,
> holding the subscriber lists.
>
> When inserting a record into the database (i.e., subscribing a new list
> member), I'd like to include a timestamp so that the list owner knows when
> the list member subscribed.
>
> The Developer's Guide refers to a formula based on the C time() function
> that can be used to calculate the timestamp. However, time() calculates
> the number of seconds since (I believe) 1/1/1970, and I can not find a
> function that will do the same thing in Visual Basic.
>
> I need such a function, since the subscribe script is an Active Server
Page