"W. K. Gorman" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Apr 1992 10:56:21 EDT
I seem to be having increasing difficulty reaching ARMY.MIL and NAVY.MIL
subscribers on some of my lists. Connection seems to be intermittant
at best. For example, after unsubing one such address, having waded
through 20-30 bouncemail notices for that user, I got an anguished note
at my personal E-mail address asking "Why?". When I attempted to respond,
my (Reply) note also bounced.

Is this usual with these nets,i.e., are the admins thereof subject to
sudden flight of paranoia in which they isolate their nets from the world?
Is this a "known bug" in that there is a bad nameserver or router table
entry somewhere? Is there some specific gateway that mail to these IDs
could/should be routed through?

How does one find out?

Please reply direct, or at least cc to me, as I don't get on this list often
due to time constraints.

Thanks in advance.

W. K. (Bill) Gorman