Ian Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 May 2004 05:30:29 -0400
Hi

In the Listserv installation guide it says:

<quote>
PLEASE NOTE CAREFULLY that if you need a turnkey solution on a single
machine, you will have to purchase and install L-Soft's LSMTP mailer, which
is the only SMTP mail product for Windows NT/2000/XP that can co-exist on
the same Windows NT/2000/XP machine with LISTSERV.
</quote>

That doesn't apear to be true. That is, I have installed Listserv and the
free version of MailEnable on my Windows 2k box and got it working.

All that was required was to set MailEnable SMTP to listen on a port other
than 25 (since Listserv's SMTP listener occupies that port); then change
the SMTP_FORWARD line in Listserv's config so that I specify that port. eg:

SMTP_FORWARD=localhost:26

My tests so far haven't found any problems with this at all - OK, Mail
Merge wont work, but then it presumably doesn't on *nix installations using
SendMail etc.

Am I missing something here or is the installation guide misleading?