Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:14:04 -0700
On Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:06:53 -0500, "Wrigley, Thomas HUS"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Okay here we go again.  I upgraded to a bigger better Intranet server so
>I had to re-install the Listserv software.  Hile doing so I realized I
>had the wrong version for my needs.  I was installing the Lite version
>on my closed Intranet.  This version cannot be installed as a stand
>alone list server.  It has to be attached to another list server outside
>my domain.

The Free version of LISTSERV-Lite will only run in 'Tableless' mode.  If you
buy the commercial licensed version however, it can be configured to run in
'Standalone' mode on your intranet.

>I downloaded the Listserv standard version and installed it
>on my web server with the site.cfg below.

The Classic version will cost you more, although you do get more features.

>As I mentioned in my previous emails:
>
>The Listserv software is installed on one server and I have two other
>Exchange servers.  My domain is Heidelbergusa.com.  The server IP is
>10.100.2.9.  I have a mail Id 'lstmaint'.
>
>The problem is that the Listserv will not pick up the email sent to it.
>Does anyone have any ideas?

Are you using a TCP/IP network?  Can you telnet to Port25 on the listserv
machine and get a response?  The listserv machine needs a name in whatever
nameservice you are using DNS (preferably) or WINS so that SMTP mail knows
where to find it.

>Tom Wrigley  :-)
>Webmaster
>Heidelberg USA, Inc.
>(770) 419-6965
>

>site.cfg
>BITNET_ROUTE=BITMAIL.LSOFT.COM
>CREATEPW=x
>FIOC_TARGET=2560
>FIOC_TRIM=3072
>FIOC_WARNING=3574
>LOCAL=*.100.2.9

Cannot be an IP addres, must be a domain name.  IP address would have to be
in [brackets] anyway.
>MAXBSMTP=1000
>MYDOMAIN=10.100.2.9 FS133K09
Normally NODE is configured first.  First value of MYDOMAIN must be the same
as whatever is in NODE (see below).  What is FS133K09?  Is this a WINS id?

>MYORG=Heidelberg USA, Inc.
>NODE=10.100.2.9

cannot be an IP address, must be a domain name.  Even if it were an IP
address, it must be in [brackets] as [10.100.2.9]
>RUNMODE=STANDALONE
>SITE_CONFIG_CGI_DIR=D:\InetPub\scripts
>SMTP_FORWARD=HEIDELBERGUSA.COM
>SMTP_FORWARD_1=FS133K05
You really don't need both unless you have a huge mail load (over 10,000)
Which of these is your outbound SMTP machine?