Michael Loftis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:18:01 -0600
Is there any configuration or setting to get the wa/subscription confirmed
via Web notifications to always include the remote address when sent to the
List Owner(s)?

This little bit has always bothered me and now we've got a customer
complaining about it too.

>A User <[log in to unmask]> has just subscribed to the
>EXAMPLE-LIST list (Fake Example List).
>
>------------------------- Original mail header --------------------------
>protocol, anonymous access)

I redacted the list name and addresses except left our ListServ name
intact.  I assume wa and/or ListServ makes note of these.  My quandry is
that (and this is where I get a little fuzzy) the users receive a different
notification *including* the IP address that connected to us via wa.  Both
templates appear to only have .dd &MAILHEADER as the replacement so it's
something amiss in ListServ.  Really the owners probably need that
information more than the subscribers in order to comply with various
things and in the event of a dispute.

Any ideas?  Anyone from LSoft care to comment?

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler