Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:17:42 -0500
At 19:53 03/06/2001 Tuesday, Kyle Gerbrandt wrote:

 >Is there a setting or log file Ii'm missing that will tell me WHY a
 >particular email address is undeliberable?

A BOUNCE error text is sometimes misleading:

the "true" reason for the bounce may have nothing to do with the reported
error e.g., "mailbox does not exist" might really mean "authentication
system unavailable due to system maintenance;"

"we do not relay" may mean "mailbox no longer exists" or "an MX host is
misconfigured"

/Pete