Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:34:59 -0400
One of our listowners sent a bunch of add commands in the format:
        add listname Firstname Lastname userid@node
and has of course been slapped on the wrist and referred to
docs for correct syntax.

The odd thing is that listserv accepted these, and added the
subscribers as
        Firstname@node-of-sender Lastname userid@node
that is, it appended the node/domainname from the listowner's From:
line to the users first name, and used that as the email address, leaving
the rest as the user's name.
(this was tested using various sending addresses, so it's not using
the local node or anything).

Bug? Feature?  Any configuration settings that might cause this to
happen?  We're running 1.8d build date 26 Feb 1999 on AIX.

--
***Jean Snow                                           [log in to unmask] ***
*** UCNS Server Systems/Postmaster/Listserv Admin                   ***