David Boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 16:31:37 -0500
Sigh. Please, let's not debate whether AOL is Good or Evil
here. There's plenty of bits already being wasted on Usenet
discussions of same.

The original comment that the lifetime of AOL addresses tend to
correspond very closely to the lifetime of the "free trial"
diskettes is a good observation. I've seen quite a few people on
mailing lists served from ND that change address roughly once per
month. It's probably just a case of trying to get something for
nothing, but it is an observed fact.

Has anyone opened a dialogue with the Cserve and AOL postmasters
on protective measures that could be added to their account
archival/deletion processes? If not, I'd be willing to talk with
them about it if someone has specific addresses for admin types
(ie, not the generic postmaster@[aol.com,compuserve.com]
address).