Jessica Rasku <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:31:25 -0700
On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Christopher Whitman wrote:

> From my remote location can I remove the non-functional lists so that I
> might add a few more experimental lists to this system (and stay at or
> under the limit of ten lists)?
> Or must the system owner do it from his server's keyboard?  And if so,
> how do I (does he) do it?  The 1.8 User's Guide offer's no clue I can
> find!

        Now, I'm not sure if it can be done through the mail interface, or
if the files must be manually deleted.  But, yes, it can be done.  I
believe, that it has to be removed by someone with access to the listserv
directories, and then new lists can be added, however you did the old
ones.

> Or is this installation of Listserv-Lite "Tapped Out" for evermore?

        Certianly not.  The lists limits (or is it points limits?) are for
active lists.  That is, if you have 10 active lists, delete one, and
create a new one, then you still have 10 active lists, it knows nothing
about the deleted list.
        The documentation is not in the user's guide, I believe it's in
the listmaster's guide (I think that's the correct term).  I've not done
that for a while, as I haven't been running listserv myself for some time
now...  Oh, it's really too bad that it was not in my price range for what
I wanted.  I do think that Listserv is one of the best list management
packages out there...

                                                        Jessica

--
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [log in to unmask]
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.