"Roy Bowers [PG]" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Sep 1994 09:28:56 -600
I'm looking for a host for two low volume academic lists on scientific
writing designedfor scientific writing teachers and biologists worldwide
whose native tongue is not English:

 - SCIWRITE-L (for teacher talk)
 - SCIWRITE-SL (student list)

SCIWRITE-L will be a list for scientific writing teachers to "talk shop"
about references, methods and strategies,  having the flavor of a virtual
teacher's lounge.

Teachers who participate in SCIWRITE-L will be encouraged to join
SCIWRITE-SL, the student list.  In this way, SCIWRITE-SL becomes a list
where students (or any EFL scientific-writer) can find a "captive
audience" of scientific writing teachers to whom they can direct
questions about structure and usage in scientific writing.  By virtue of
the teachers' presence on SCIWRITE-SL, any EFL scientist will have an
interactive resource for specific questions about scientific writing
structure.

I expect a *very* low volume, but I could be surprised.  I'd like about
a half meg of archive space for references, if possible, but, not
necessary.  This format has been successful locally.  Now I'd like
to accommodate biologists from other countries.

               Academic Coordinator - Ph.D. Program
      Center for Biological Research  La Paz, B.C.S. 23000, MEXICO
       [log in to unmask]     [log in to unmask]