Brad Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 16:11:33 -0400
Your message dated: Thu, 08 May 1997 15:54:20 EDT

> I have no problem with people being unwilling to act as mail relayers to
> arbitrary domains. I object *strongly* to them *denying* me the ability to
> use mail relayers outside of their administrative purview.

    You're free to use whatever mail relayers outside of our
administrative purview that you like, but if they add source routes
to the envelope addresses, you have to be aware that those messages
will be refused.

    Get those SMTP MTAs to be compliant with RFC 1123 with regards
to not adding source routes, and you won't have any problems.

--
Brad Knowles                                MIME/PGP: [log in to unmask]
    Senior Unix Administrator              <http://www.his.com/~brad/>