Jim Muckerheide <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Sep 1994 13:56:03 -0400
Looking for a host to contract for interim startup support a moderately
large (est 16,000 Member) non-profit professional science and education
society intending to install a mail-based system to eventually cover: 10-20
lists for various governance and admin functions; 20 or so technical
division groups (probably multiple lists for various specialty topics); 100
local, international and student chapters; etc.

We are looking for a host for a few lists for this academic year as we
develop internal experience, capability and future plans (a budget/plan in
the spring, evaluating internal vs external hardware and software support.
These lists may grow to 40-50 later in the year as various org units may
establish lists and possible additional HQ governance and "newsletter"
lists, and a possible public list or two.

This is the American Nuclear Society, with HQ in LaGrange Park Ill. I am a
Member of an Electronic Communications Working Group. We would like to be
operational as soon as possible, with an ability to present initial
operations to our winter meeting in November.

I would appreciate any recommendations for developing an implementation plan
and acquiring necessary and appropriate support for this program.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Jim Muckerheide