Michael Loftis <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:14:51 -0700
--On March 7, 2006 9:28:25 AM -0500 Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2006 at 15:58, Michael Loftis wrote:
>
>> I'm not finding anything right off and this is the only forum I could
>> think  of, but does Maestro do 'Mail Merge'?  IE replacement of tokens
>> with say  first name/last name of the subscriber?
>
> Yes, quite definitely.

That's what I thought.  We're having more and more customers request/want
to do e-mail marketing.  We're basically punting them out saying if you
don't like the solutions we provide for larger lists (ListServ for > 2k
subscribers, Mailman if your list is less than that, SendStudio for cases
less than about 1k subscribers) then go pay for the service.    What they
don't get is that it is REALLY expensive to do what they want so we're
trying to get ahold of a list of commercial (hosted) solutions that have
similar featuresets and they can go look up the pricing for it.

We're just trying to stay completely out of that 'game'.  Not our primary
line of business.  That and too many of these people have dirty lists.