Fri, 18 Aug 1995 01:53:26 GMT
Has anyone else noticed?  Can anyone confirm?  I've been looking for the spam
in our Usenet echo, and other bit.listserv.* groups, and can't find it
anywhere.  Has AMERICAN.EDU set up a filter?  Who do we have to thank for
this?

I'm trying to determine what groups were hit so I can solicit volunteers to
protest, or ask list-owners to pass on the request to any interested members.
 If we were to all start sending in requests for junk mail, writing in his
home address, and PO box address, I'd bet that would get his attention.  We
could all tie up his phones for several days.

What groups were hit?  He's definitely got TRNSPLNT on his list.  We're a
transplant patient support group, and he's gotten people on our list fairly
upset.

Mike Holloway               |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
[log in to unmask]    |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
____________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
 misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/bit.listserv.transplant.html
or
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.transplant/
=