Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:10:06 -0600
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 11:01:41 -0400, John Manly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>1) If the server-wide defaults are in DEFAULT.MAILTPL, what is the
>function of SITE.MAILTPL?

As Marty said, if you want to make any changes to the default.mailtpl that
apply at a site-wide level, the changes are stored in site.mailtpl so they
will survive an upgrade.

>2) Nathan wrote "Testing on my test list indicates that if you remove
>the .hh block, it will work"  So the "#" characters are just treated as
>whitespace in the template?

# characters are just another printable character: ##############
They have no special meaning, are not whitespace, nor do they serve to
'comment out' anything (in LISTSERV templates anyway).  They just print and
show as/what they are, like:  !@#$%Ø&*()_+-={}|~`[]\:";'<>,.?/