Christopher Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:59:54 -0500
I changed the entry in my /etc/aliases to point to a perl script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Mail::Audit;
my $mail = Mail::Audit->new();

#
# Filter criteria goes here...
# If mail is to be /dev/nulled,
# $DUMPIT = 1
#

if ($DUMPIT == 1) {
        $mail->ignore;
        } else {
        $mail->pipe("/usr/local/bin/listserv/lsv_amin
/app/listserv/spool $ARGV[-1]");
        }
exit;

So that unwanted mail never hits the Listserv application.

Am I incorrect in thinking that "Send= Private" would still generate
emails to the "originating" (probably spoofed) address that says "You
are not authorized to send to the XXX list from your user@host account..."?

-CW