Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:57:25 -0400
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Bill Verity wrote:

> I think this has been discussed before. I'm curious how many
> different people are involved in listserv support at various sites.

I used to do it _all_ for many years.
(I think this was probably the norm back in the old days?)

A few years ago List Owner support was moved to
the IT Support Centre; first, second, third level
support structure. I only receive the problems they
cannot solve.

Last year I was provided with a backup for the server;
installation, upgrades, etc., who is getting up to speed
as time permits & providing 3rd level support.

Currently, my backup & ITSC rep meet once a month to review
support problems submitted to the ITSC toward the goal of
creating documentation, FAQs, inhouse training for ITSC staff
& workshops for the campus.

I can't imagine going back to a one-woman-show after
working with a team.

-- Trish

Trish Forrest
Queen's University,