Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 18:06:19 +0000
Your archives probably just got bigger, causing popular search words to overflow.

  Eric

-----Original Message-----

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Douglas Palmer

Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 10:57

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Search functionality with HPO 16.0

And yet, there have been changes in how it works. I am not saying there is a bug or anything, just that searching is not what it used to be. It may be a corrupt index somewhere or something else local to our system, but it is not behaving the same and the change was quickly noticed when we went to 17.0. This was the first time in I believe 20 years that I was ever asked what an "overflow word" was and how to fashion a search to avoid them (and I got dozens of people asking the same question immediately on installation of 17.0). With DBRINDEX turned on, almost every search returns nothing. Turning it off "fixes" the problem. The root cause may be somewhere else.

-- DCP