"Victor S. Miller" <VICTOR@YKTVMZ>
10 Nov 1987 12:34:03-EST (Tuesday)
The last few days the link between Yale and Cuny has been incredibly
overloaded.  Yesterday there were over 5000 files in the queue.  One
thing that I have noticed is that the listserv at maine and comserv
at rpicicge have been continually flooding this link with a large number
of files of the same size.  This got me to thinking that there should
be peers for some of these lists on the other side of cuny.  What would
be nice, would be a tool to analyze the distribution list and make such
suggestions.  Of course, setting up such peers would need to be done
manually.

Unfortunately, it appears that the RSCS link between Yale and Cuny doesn't
use any sort of aged priority scheme (there is a moderate sized file waiting
in the queue to be sent to me for the past four days -- all of the small
files from listserv move ahead of it), so that making the priority worse
for listserv files wouldn't seem to help.
                    Victor Miller -- T.J. Watson Research Ctr.