Sat, 8 Feb 1992 15:12:00 EST
Tom offers a method for reducing aggravating bounces, and I must admit
I am guilty of at least contemplating doing just what he abhors.  I am
indeed concerned with the propriety of bouncing, so let me see if what
I am thinking of doing is improper.

I am anxious to expand participation on a list (World-L@ubvm) that ap-
peals to people for quite different reasons.  I can well understand not
running an announcement of an upcoming electronic conference on lists
that might be in someway competitive or are really very marginal to the
focus of World-L, except through the good graces of the listowners.  But
what of non-competitive lists having members likely to be interested in
the project?  Is boucing a notice or an invitation to join the list ag-
gravating for the listowners, inappropriate, or unethical?

Haines Brown  ([log in to unmask])