Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:29:00 -0400
From:
KEVIN MCKENZIE <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
We do the same thing here at Clemson.  We rebuild our lists each week.  One
thing that we did find out was to have the following keyword in the header:

* SEND= EDITOR, HOLD, CONFIRM

This insures that the owner has to confirm what they send out.  We had an
instance last year were someone faked the email address of the moderator of
a list that was moderated with confirm only on the non-moderators when
sending.  Either way it was a little hole that they somehow found.  That
setting cleared it up.  If you need more help/advice please don't hesitat
to ask.  We have thousands of lists that are autogenerated from school
databases.

Kevin McKenzie
DCIT
Clemson University